nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Business - LTE?

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:24:06 -0700

In a message written on Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:34:50PM -0400, Christopher Morrow wrote:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM, chris <tknchris () gmail com> wrote:
I've apparently hit some kind of magic bw limit. My 4G LTE is now magically
fixed at max 1.5mbps

Last month's usage was about 200gb.

cmon verizon seriously :(

they've been fairly public about 'unlimited' != "unlimited"

I have no issues with a cap, however I have huge issues when a
company is allowed to call a capped service "unlimited".  I think
it's straight up false advertising, and I really wish some state
AG's would take up the issue.

But what's more interesting is that Verizon's contract for LTE has
_the exact same cap as 3G service_, 5Gb.  If Chris is really getting
200Gb before being capped, that is impressive.

PCMag did the math, you can use up the 5GB alotment in 32 minutes
with LTE.  Seems like as the speeds get faster the cap should get
larger, doesn't it?

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440