nanog mailing list archives

Re: East Coast Earthquake 8-23-2011

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:30:18 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "JC Dill" <jcdill.lists () gmail com>

On 23/08/11 3:13 PM, William Herrin wrote:
A. Our structures aren't built to seismic zone standards. Our
construction workers aren't familiar with*how* to build to seismic
zone standards. We don't secure equipment inside our buildings to
seismic zone standards.

They should be.
They should be.
You should.

Earthquakes can happen anywhere. There's no excuse to fail to
build/secure to earthquake standards.

There's a reason NEBS is so strict; there's a reason NEBS is so expensive.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com