nanog mailing list archives

Re: bgp update destroying transit on redback routers ?

From: Igor Ybema <igor () ergens org>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:06:29 +0100

So Hostlogistic route to Level3 is malformed (according to the RFC, the AGGREGATOR content is mandatory if the
attribute is present), but their route to NLayer is OK. Or maybe a Level3 router has a problem?
Anyway, our Redback/Ericsson routers are the problem now, since the other vendors don't throw away the BGP sessions...
I've opened a case at Ericsson, still waiting for an answer :-/

Correct. This was pointed out to me just now off-list by another reader.
Ericsson coder also contacted me and noted that is fixed a few months
ago, but he is not sure which release has the fix. I hope he will
respond on-list about this for everyone to read.

regards, Igor