nanog mailing list archives

Re: BCP38 considerations in IPv6

From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <wmaton () ryouko imsb nrc ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:55:34 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Ryan Rawdon wrote:

What considerations should be made with respect to implementing egress
filtering based on source IPv6 addresses? Things like allowing traffic
sourced from fe80::/10 in said filters for on-link communication (for the
interface that the filter is applied to).  Is there anything else that
should be taken into account while implementing BCP38 egress filtering in
IPv6?

That's a consideration, and one other candidate which has already been welcomed to my black-hole server: 2001:DB8::/32.

I'll leave that as an exercise to everyone to see who's block that is. :-)

wfms