nanog mailing list archives

Cruzio peering

From: Jeroen van Aart <jeroen () mompl net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:37:56 -0800

A Cruzio employee kindly provided me with the following information regarding their peering and connectivity. I pasted it below (with permission) because I thought it might be of use to others:

"Cruzio maintains a backbone of wireless points of presence (POP) on
various mountain tops overlooking the Monterey Bay, South
San Francisco Bay, and Silicon Valley Regions.

Cruzio wireless POPs are present on Mount Umunhum, Mount Allison,
Loma Prieta and Black Mountain to name a few.

Cruzio wireless POPs are fed from the Equinix San Jose facility. At Equinix, Cruzio is cross connected into a peering exchange to an aggregate of content providers which include Google, You Tube and several others. Non-peered connectivity is provided by Above.net who is also colocated in that facility.

Cruzio leases dark fiber on the cable built and owned by Sunesys,
which is also used by UCSC. This fiber cable links the Cruzio facility at 877 Cedar Street in downtown Santa Cruz with the Level 3 Sunnyvale
facility 46 miles away. Connectivity to the Internet is provided by
Level 3 and Cogent.

A high-speed/high-bandwidth wireless link connects the Cruzio 877 Cedar
facility with the Equinix San Jose facility via Mount Umunhum to provide
a wireless failover to the fiber in event of a fiber outage.

Cruzio wholesales AT&T DSL. All DSL traffic is aggregated over AT&T fiber to the 200 Paul Avenue facility where it is connected to the Internet through a variety of providers.

While the fiber and new data center are being turned up and tested, Cruzio hosted servers remain connected over AT&T fiber to the he.net Fremont 1 facility. Connectivity to the Internet is through he.net, who are themselves connected and peered to multiple Tier 1 providers."

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html