nanog mailing list archives

Packet over SONET failback

From: Jason Lixfeld <jason () lixfeld ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:29:16 -0500

PoS failure detection happens in under 50ms, but what about the failback?  Same deal?  I ask because I've got two
routers connected to opposite ends of a spare PoS link that I've been playing with and I'm noticing that the failback
on the far side seems to be about 15 seconds (assuming the near side failover was initiated with an interface shutdown
command and thusly no shut'd to re-enable the link).  Just wanted to know if a higher failback time is a relatively
normal occurrence and maybe I'm seeing some sort of built-in hold down feature working away?