nanog mailing list archives

Re: What vexes VoIP users?

From: Scott Helms <khelms () ispalliance net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:41:13 -0500

On 2/28/2011 1:29 PM, Bret Clark wrote:
On 02/28/2011 01:17 PM, Leigh Porter wrote:

VoIP at the last mile is just too niche at the moment. It's for people on this list, not my mother.

--
Leigh

Baloney...if that was the case, then all these ILEC's wouldn't be whining about POT's lines decreasing exponentially year over year!

Very true, remember that VOIP includes Packet Cable (as opposed to SIP from Vonage etc all) from cable providers which is largely a POTs replacement service from the end users stand point. Comcast is now a top 5 phone provider in the US. This is anecdotal, but most of the Magic Jack (which is SIP AFAIK) purchases I see are non-technical people.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology