nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: david raistrick <drais () icantclick org>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:28:54 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

No, the point is that DNS resolvers in different places all use the same addresses. So at the cyber cafe 3003::3003 is the cyber cafe DNS but at the airport 3003::3003 is the airport DNS. (Or in both cases, if they don't run a DNS server, one operated by their ISP.)

Because no one has ever had a need to coexist with other DNS servers on the same subnet, right? After all, there should only ever be 1 authorative source of information, and there's no way we would ever want to have an exception for that.

...david (who manages his own authorative and recursive DNS servers that are used specificly for our group's purposes that have to coexist with IT-managed servers)

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais () icantclick org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html