nanog mailing list archives

Re: The tale of a single MAC

From: Raul Rodriguez <ios.run () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 19:53:51 -0800

Seen this on six-figure gateways.

-RR

On 1/1/11, Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com> wrote:
I've seen duplicate MAC addresses but only on no name made in china
NICs installed on cheap (assembled from parts) PCs at a school
computer lab.

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Graham Wooden <graham () g-rock net> wrote:

In the last 15 years of being in IT, I have never encountered a
³burned-in²
duplicated MACs across two physically different machines.  What are the
odds, that HP would dup¹d them and that both would eventually end up at my
shop?  Or maybe this type of thing isn¹t big of deal... ?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)

--
Sent from my mobile device