nanog mailing list archives

Re: co-location and access to your server

From: Jeroen van Aart <jeroen () mompl net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:31:42 -0800

todd glassey wrote:
On 1/12/2011 12:28 PM, Matt Kelly wrote:
When you are talking single or partial rack colo it is generally done

policy. The ISP's limited access policy has to do with their overhead models and that's all there is to that.

Sorry to bring daylight into this but it is what it is... YOU MUST plan for redundancy.

Thanks for all the replies, I understand that allowing access to other people's servers unsupervised could be a bad idea. Problem for my specific situation is that the 10 to 6 access is exactly the time I generally am NOT in town.

I guess knowing who entered the building by means of a keycard and having cameras isn't considered enough to deter potential "evil doers". I know it's not enough for places like equinix, but that's of a different caliber.

Thanks,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/