nanog mailing list archives

Re: How dynamic is a dynamic IPv6 address?

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:20:48 -0700

In a message written on Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:29:12PM -0700, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 04:24:21PM -0700, Leo Bicknell wrote:
How dynamic will dynamic addresses be under IPv6?

      With or without privacy extensions enabled?

I think that is orthogonal to my question.  My question revolves
around the reasons why a DHCPv6 or DHCPv6-PD allocation my change.
If, after receiving one of those you choose to use privacy extensions
there is no change on the DHCP side of things.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440