nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:35:55 -1000

On Jun 20, 2011, at 11:19 AM, Mark Andrews wrote:
do you want to issue a RFC that bans search lists?

Personally, I think search lists are a mistake and don't use them.  If you do use them, then you are accepting a
certain amount of ambiguity. Naked TLDs will increase that ambiguity and would recommend against their use, however
there is no Internet Police to enforce such things (ICANN certainly isn't since ccTLDs can do whatever they like). I
have significant doubt that an RFC will magically solve this problem (for any value of "this").

Regards,
-drc