nanog mailing list archives

Re: website in ipv6

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:24:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011, Deric Kwok wrote:

I am trying to configure website for testing ipv6

Just wander how internet users eg: DSL users can visit this website
and any people can access this website over the world

1. Your web server (operating system, too) needs to be IPv6 enabled.
2. You need to have IPv6 connectivity between your web server and your borders. If you have firewalls in front of your web server, they also need to be configured to pass IPv6 traffic appropriately. 3. You need to have IPv6 connectivity with at least one outside connectivity provider. 4. Your website should have valid IPv6 DNS (unless you want to force users to type in an IPv6 address to reach your site ;) )

There are numerous resources online to help people understand how to deploy IPv6 services on their networks. I would suggest starting there.

http://www.ipv6.com/    is a good starting point.

Whichever web server software you're using (Apache, etc) likely has support information or howtos for setting up IPv6 services. Same goes for whatever operating system you're using.

jms