nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

From: Scott Brim <scott.brim () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:04:30 -0400

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 09:47, Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net> wrote:
I'd go so far as to say "user failure".  If I wanted cable TV
(especially if I needed it at home as part of my job), I wouldn't
buy/rent/lease/whatever a home without checking that cable TV is
available at that location.

Yeah, he messed up, but the social problem is still real.  The
Internet is now more important than electricity or water -- you can go
off the grid or dig your own well, but more and more you can't get a
job or talk to the government without web access and email.