nanog mailing list archives

Re: [afnog] Suspicious request for IP address space

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:33:33 +0530

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org> wrote:

Odds are, they're looking for a willing host for a snowshoe spamming
operation.  If I wanted space for something like that, Afrinic region
providers would not be my first choice...particularly for the hosting.
AFAIK, there are numerous LIRs in the RIPE region, particularly Romania who
are more than happy to lease large blocks of IPv4 to anyone for any purpose.

Eh.  If you acquire blocks that big all you need to do is to persuade
some provider with a poorly enforced AUP / a willingness to look the
other way to route the netblock for you, from anywhere you choose.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)