nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:42:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, George Bonser wrote:

Note to providers:  That might have worked a couple of years ago but
when we hear that today, we know it is false.  Please be honest in your
another year or two, just say so.  The notion that we are the very first
ones to ever ask for it from a global provider in a major country is
just lame.

I would also recommend that the sales organizations of those providers be provided with some level of training and/or coordination with their SEs and technical groups to understand what people are talking about when someone asks about that "eye-pee-vee-six" thing. Another common complaint has been getting different (often contradictory) responses from different salescritters.

jms