nanog mailing list archives

Re: gmail issues ?

From: Paul Graydon <paul () paulgraydon co uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:43:01 -1000

On 3/15/2011 2:07 PM, Michael Loftis wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Mike Tancsa<mike () sentex net>  wrote:
Anyone seeing gmail issues ? I checked at
http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en
I've been having massively delayed incoming mail since about Sunday
(2011/03/13)  some email taking days to come in, some still hasn't
(Amazon Order status updates for example from Monday still haven't
shown up yet)

I've been having problems with gmail sending to my works domain for a couple of months now. All e-mails that come via the gmail infrastructure are being delayed by up to an hour between two hops in their infrastructure. In typical fashion Google's support are utterly non-communicative. I've even had a friend who works for them pass on details internally to see whether that would help but no joy. The conversations I've had or heard over the last couple of years regarding their support quality leaves me reluctant to ever consider Google's Apps for Business as anything even remotely approaching suitable for such.

Paul