nanog mailing list archives

Re: The state-level attack on the SSL CA security model

From: "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins () arbor net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:25:49 +0000

On Mar 25, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:

I can't see how a practice that is completely acceptable at the root certificate level is a danger so significant
that state-secret-like
treatment is called for once end-user certificates are involved.

Again, I don't know enough about what happened to form an opinion one way or another.  I'm just setting forth some
reasons which spring to mind for not announcing this immediately, that's all.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () arbor net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

                The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

                          -- Oscar Wilde