nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suspecious anycast prefixes

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:51:37 +0200

I might not explain the background clearly and confused people. We're
doing research on multiple origin AS issue, and we want to confirm if
our inference is correct based on history data we collected. For
example, we found several hundreds of prefixes with multiple origins
more than two, some of them were inferred as anycast using our
methodology, but we're not positive with the conjecture, so we want to
find the ground truth from operators. Thanks for the detailed
explanations.

the ucla obsession with multiple-origin announcements has a long
history.  the problem is that you think you can make something that
looks forward.  but how will you decide if tomorrow's announcement of
P from A0 and A1 is anycast, ops kink, or an actual mis-announcement?

randy