nanog mailing list archives

Re: Apple updates - Effect on network

From: Jorge Amodio <jmamodio () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:55:10 -0500

On top of all that add that there are many apps that have also been
updated today to be in sync with new iOS features.

-J

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net> wrote:
The simple updates for a single machine today range in the 700mb-1.5gb or more range 10.7.2+iTunes+one iOS image.
With a variety of devices it could easily be 4gb+ per user. Many broadband users are seeing slow akamai speeds
because of these updates. I've seen 2+ hour download times myself....

Jared Mauch