nanog mailing list archives

Re: F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET moved to Beijing?

From: "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii () shaka com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 21:51:41 -1000

----- Original Message ----- From: <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:29:43 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian said:
120K domains - basically cnnic seems to have finally got tired of russian

No, I think Randy was referring to this sort of thing:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/18/fed_domain_seizure_slammed/
"Our government has gone rogue on us," Eric Goldman, a professor at Santa Clara University School of Law, said. "Our government is going into court with half-baked facts and half-baked legal theories and shutting down operations. This is exactly what we thought the government couldn't do. I'm scratching my head why we aren't' grabbing the pitchforks." ®

I.C.E., our very own Gestapo-Without-Borders.  Makes me proud.<sigh>