nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Job Poaching on NANOG

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 22:18:49 -0500

On 10/18/2011 10:02 PM, Brett Watson wrote:
There's a lot more than just MS doing it after this NANOG, and it's damned annoying. I've had it happen over the years just a few times, but it's unprecedented this year, as far as I'm concerned (and did I mentioned damned annoying?). -b

That's why you don't tell people your info. It has predictable results like using telnet to access your stuff at NANOG. Don't tell me no one did it; although I never understood why they didn't just block tcp/23 to protect the crazy. :)

Or did they, this year?

Jack