nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommendation for customer monitoring network tool/portal for a large ISP

From: chip <chip.gwyn () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:59:00 -0400

Might want to check out NimSoft as well.  Multitenancy built in.

http://www.nimsoft.com/solutions

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Alex Nderitu <nderitualex () gmail com> wrote:
Hello,
What solutions do you guys in the fixed network business/ISPs use to provide
customer portals for network KPI reporting to customers in a fixed network
on real time basis. The KPI in question are network availability,
utilization, memory/cpu of managed routers/firewall, jitter, packet loss etc
in a multi vendor environment.

What would you recommend especially in the licensed/supported options and
not the free ones like Zabbix, Cacti, MRTG etc. This solution should scale
well for hundreds of thousand of clients.

We have been using Orion NPM and it pretty much does the job but would wish
to move to something more scalable for SP environment.

Regards,
Alex.

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....