nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Storage

From: Julien Goodwin <nanog () studio442 com au>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:01:04 +1000

On 13/04/12 06:25, Maverick wrote:
Can you please comment on what is best solution for storing network
traffic. We have been graciously granted access by our network
administrator to capture traffic but the one Tera byte disk space is
no match with the data that we are seeing, so it fills up quickly. We
can't get additional space on the server itself so I am looking for
some external solutions. Can you please suggest something that would
be best for Gbps speeds .

In terms of tools, something shiny that I've not had a chance to play
with yet that is designed for this is Security Onion, which is an Ubuntu
based linux distribution that groups a bunch of tools for doing this
sort of thing.

http://securityonion.blogspot.com/