nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint Outage - Chicago

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:54:12 -0400

On Aug 27, 2012, at 12:58, virendra rode <virendra.rode () gmail com> wrote:
On 08/25/2012 11:36 AM, Jason Baugher wrote:
On 8/24/2012 11:39 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
You mean outages@...
chris, this is not productive.  outages are a very apt subject
for nanog.

I'm actually not certain posting outages to NANOG-l is a good idea.  There are a LOT of outages, and I worry the list
will be drowned.

But I don't run the list.  Plus this discussion is probably better suited for NANOG-futures@.

The stuff below, however, may belong on NANOG.

Did anyone ever give any details of the issue? We're a Chicago
Sprint customer, and never saw a problem. No mention of any issues
in Compass either.

Jason
- ----------------
I hear there was a memory leak issue to their core IP backbone router.
Don't have specifics as to what region(s) within chicago that was
impacted.

I wonder if the Sprint & Telia outages were for the same reason / bug.  Anyone from those networks want to comment?  Or
at least compare notes?

If you and /or anyone else have any specifics, please post in the
comments section of, http://tracker.outages.org/reports/view/25

Interesting!

Is there a way to say "this may be related to ticket $FOO?"

--
TTFN,
patrick