nanog mailing list archives

Re: RADB entry

From: Courtney Smith <courtneysmith () comcast net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:37:59 -0500

Anyone,

               Hopefully this is a simple question about RADB.  I'm
supporting a small wireless ISP, they just recently added a second upstream
connection - Charter (AS 20115).  The IP space was originally issued by the
other upstream Windstream (AS 7029).  Looking at a few resources such as the
bgp.he.net to see who peers with who and looking glasses, it seems that not
all of AS 20115 peers are accepting our prefix.  AT&T is an example -
AS7018.  In one case, it's an upstream 2 levels up - Century Link accepts
from Charter, but Level 3 doesn't accept it from Century Link.  Charter uses
RADB.  The entry for the prefix looks like this:

What makes you think Level3 is not accepting from CenturyLink?  I suspect Century Link may be a peer of Level3 instead
of a customer.   Windstream appears to be a customer of Level3.  Level3 will put a higher local pref on customer routes.

Courtney Smith
courtneysmith () comcast net