nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP Address Management IPAM software for small ISP

From: Charles N Wyble <charles-lists () knownelement com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:26:52 -0600

Zenoss works very well as a cmdb.

George Herbert <george.herbert () gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia () gmail com> wrote:

But is there a decently scalable open source application for building
a CMDB,  that is  visually appealing and efficient for humans to use,
without a ton of manual development;  other than custom building
applications and SQL schema by hand,  for each kind of CI?

I am not aware of one....

I have not seen one, and I've been at places that have spent man-years
building custom apps and SQL schema by hand in the lack of an
available open source tool.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert () gmail com