nanog mailing list archives

RE: Programmers with network engineering skills

From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 02:59:14 +0000

That sparked my interest. Did I miss something? One can lie about
TS/CSI clearance and be believed as long as one can fool a lie
detector? How safe is that? That strikes me as a bit odd.

Yeah, you missed something.  TS/SCI w/polygraph means that you underwent a Special Background Investigation *and* you
passed a polygraph during an interview which is generally used to detect if you are being deceptive in your answers to
questions, not so much to find "the truth".

And you can lie about the TS/SCI until it comes time to actually be cleared for work.  The "powers that be" will
discover your lie before you ever emerge from the "leper colony" and your hopes of ever getting one at that point are
headed down the drain.