nanog mailing list archives

Re: Firewalls in service provider environments

From: Steve Bertrand <steve.bertrand () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:20:13 -0500

On 2012.02.07 20:47, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 4:04 AM, George Bonser<gbonser () seven com>  wrote:
I typically also include traffic to/from:

TCP/UDP port 0
169.254.0.0/16
192.0.2.0/24
198.51.100.0/24
203.0.113.0/24

Been wondering if I should also block 198.18.0.0/15 as well.

suresh@frodo 17:46:08 :~$ nslookup 1.113.0.203.bogons.cymru.com
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   1.113.0.203.bogons.cymru.com
Address: 127.0.0.2

Also available as a bgp feed, for years now.   Saves you updating your
martian ACLs from time to time.

Amen. v4 and v6 lists are available via free BGP feed (via v4 and v6 peering) from Cymru. Dynamic simplicity within community's finest standards.

Works wonders for those who have s/RTBH deployed.