nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dear RIPE: Please don't encourage phishing

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:57:02 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valdis Kletnieks" <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:44:29 EST, Jay Ashworth said:
a picture of an abandoned factory, with the doors flapping in the wind,
bceause the company went out of business because someone got spearphished.

Has this ever been spotted in the wild? Serious question - most of the
well-publicized spearphishing attacks lately the victim company is still
around.

I don't know that we would have any way to know that a demised company went
down due to a spearphish... but yes, I was exaggerating.

Cheers,
-- jr 'hyperbole and a half!' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com