nanog mailing list archives

Re: time sink 42

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:32:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Leo Bicknell wrote:

The Brother I have that takes "M" tape has the problem you describe,
it's nearly impossible to get the backing to separate from the label.

I have another Brother that takes "TZ" tape, the backing of the tape of
slit down the middle lengthwise.  Gently curling the tape by squeezing
it causes the middle to pop open, easy to grab.

+1 for the TZ tape. It is made of a heavier material than the M tape, and has better adhesive that will better on equipment that has any sort of textured finish, such as many types of cabinets, patch panels, and fiber termination bays. Labels that are made with M tape will start to peel off of just about anything that doesn't have a smooth finish shortly after being applied.

jms