nanog mailing list archives

Re: [#135346] Unauthorized BGP Announcements (follow up to Hijacked Networks)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:23:46 -0500

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:52:57 +1100, Mark Andrews said:
- A largish (national telco of a small country) ISP started announcing
national telco.  oooh kayyyy...

And if I have a contract to commit murder that doesn't mean that
it is right nor legal.  A contract can't get you out of dealing
with the law of the land and in most place in the world "aiding and
abetting" is illegal.

Vercotti        ..... andd one night Dinsdale walked in with a couple of big lads,
        one of whom was carrying a tactical nuclear missile. They said I'd bought one
        of their fruit machines and would I pay for it.
Interviewer     How much did they want?
Vercotti        Three quarters of a million pounds. Then they went out.
Interviewer     Why didn't you call the police?
Vercotti        Well I had noticed that the lad with the thermo-nuclear device was
        the Chief Constable for the area.