nanog mailing list archives

Re: How are you doing DHCPv6 ?

From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen () network1 net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:01:50 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----

On 1/17/12 6:37 PM, "Daniel Roesen" <dr () cluenet de> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 06:19:28PM -0500, Randy Carpenter wrote:
You might want to give this a read:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-redundancy-consider-02.txt

That doesn't really help us if we want to deploy before that draft
becomes a standard.

Well, it more or less just presents options (workarounds for missing
proper HA sync).
[jjmb] correct.  FWIW the IETF dhcwg is currently working on DHCPv6
failover/redundancy.  See here for the requirements:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mrugalski-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-requirements
-00

I already had the two documents up and got them mixed up when I was reading through them. I'll have to go over the link
from John in detail, and see if it gives us some ways to work around the limitations in our situation.

thanks,

-Randy