nanog mailing list archives

Re: ANNOUNCE: bgptables.merit.edu - understanding visibility of your prefix/AS

From: Robert Kisteleki <robert () ripe net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:37:11 +0100

On 2012.01.18. 15:22, Arturo Servin wrote:

      For example for any given prefix to get which ASNs have originated that prefix over time and when.

      I think that could be interesting for discovering if a prefix has been hijacked in the past.

      RIS from RIPE NCC provides something like this:

http://www.ripe.net/data-tools/stats/ris/routing-information-service

      We have used it to verify some "suspicious" announcements of prefixes.

Regards,
as

One can also try RIPEstat for this: http://stat.ripe.net/

Amongst other modules it gives full (~10 year) BGP history for prefixes.

(Disclaimer: our team is working on this tool.)

Robert