nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why not to use RPKI (Was Re: Argus: a hijacking alarm system)

From: Alex Band <alexb () ripe net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:39:19 +0100

If you want to play around with RPKI Origin Validation, you can download the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator here:
http://ripe.net/certification/tools-and-resources
It's simple to set up and use: just unzip the package on a *NIX system, run ./bin/rpki-validator and browse to
http://localhost:8080

EuroTransit have a public one running here:
http://rpki01.fra2.de.euro-transit.net:8080/

You can see it's pointing to several Trust Anchors, downloads and validates all ROA periodically, you can apply ignore
filters and white lists, see a BGP announcement validity preview based on route collector data, integrates with
existing (RPSL based) workflows and can talk to RPKI-capable routers.

If you want to get an idea of how an RPKI-capable router would be configured, here's some sample config for Cisco and
Juniper:
http://www.ripe.net/certification/router-configuration

You can also log into a public RPKI-capable Juniper here: 193.34.50.25, 193.34.50.26
telnet username: rpki
password: testbed

With additional documentation available here:
http://rpki01.fra2.de.euro-transit.net/documentation.html

Have fun,

Alex