nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T and IPv6 Launch

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:58:34 -0500

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Brandon Ewing <nicotine () warningg com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 06:52:05PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
So i have been privately referred to att.com/ipv6 where you can find supporting CPE devices.

It sounds like if you have equipment supporting ipv6 it may just appear one day "soon".

Jared Mauch

That's slightly depressing.  From their Residential Q&A:
Devices supporting IPv6

Pace 4111N
Netgear 7550 B90
Netgear 6200 A90
Motorola 3360

Only AT&T-certified versions of the devices listed above will be able to
utilize IPv6 on the AT&T network.

ebony phone anyone?

I have my own DSL modem, that I know has IPv6 support.  Will AT&T be doing
some sort of wizardry to ensure it will work for their CPE, but not mine?

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine () warningg com)