nanog mailing list archives

Re: U.S. spy agencies ... email for cybersecurity

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:47:19 +0530

I think what Gen.Alexander said and what the reporter missed out is
that they're interested in malware traffic flows, bot C&Cs etc, rather
than smtp received headers

He said the information the government was seeking was the Internet
address where an email containing malicious software originated and
where it traveled to, not the content of the email.

--srs

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM, William Allen Simpson