nanog mailing list archives

Re: Update from the NANOG Communications Committee regarding recent off-topic posts

From: Mark Gauvin <MGauvin () dryden ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:08:32 -0500

On list spam has been minimal but off list cold call type emails have
been mounting for several months

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-07-30, at 5:29 PM, "Brian Dickson" <brian.peter.dickson () gmail com
wrote:

As a quick update, we've implemented some list settings last week
to help

keep spam off the list.  New subscribers are moderated until we're
comfortable
with their posts.  We rejected the idea of keyword based message
filtering
since not only is a lot of work to maintain, it's trivial to get
around it
if
you really want to post banned words.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Matt Griswold, on behalf of the NANOG Communications Committee

I've always liked the idea found in xkcd.com/810 ;-).

Brian