nanog mailing list archives

Re: LinkedIn password database compromised

From: jeff murphy <jcmurphy () jeffmurphy org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 10:06:25 -0400

On Jun 7, 2012, at 9:58 AM, Leo Bicknell wrote:

In a message written on Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 11:14:58PM -0700, Aaron C. de Bruyn wrote:
Heck no to X.509.  We'd run into the same issue we have right now--a
select group of companies charging users to prove their identity.

For instance, I'm not at all opposed to the idea of the
government having a way to issue me a signed certificate that I
then use to access government services, like submitting my tax
return online, renewing my drivers license, or maybe even e-voting.

All in favor of paying $119/year to vote, please raise your hands.

http://www.verisign.com/dod-interoperability/