nanog mailing list archives

RE: Comcast Paid Peer Pricing

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 05:53:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012, Nabil Sharma wrote:

I am not allowed to sign NDA, can someone please send me sample pricing in private mail?

Since it's not entirely clear if you're asking about SFI or not...

Entering into something like an SFI agreement with a large national network is typically something that 1. your company's legal counsel would need to review, and 2. Someone pretty high up in your company would need to approve and sign, because it can potentially obligate your company to make significant ongoing infrastructure investments to remain in compliance with your SFI agreement. If your company has a network that's large enough to warrant SFI, it would also stand to reason that they already have business and legal processes in place for dealing with things like this - something a little more 'official' than hassling people on a public mailing list, from a Hotmail address ;)

If anyone on this list is doing SFI with Comcast, they are not going to risk violating their NDA by providing what could be considered confidential and proprietary information to a third party, let alone a complete stranger.

If you're not asking about SFI, call/email the sales contact that was listed on their dedicated internet access page, and get a quote. I saw no indication that you needed an NDA to get a quote for their paid peering product. All I saw was an order form that you would need to fill out and email to the sales contact. As others mave mentioned, Comcast might not provide the best pricing right off the bat, but it at least would get you a number that you can use for budgetary/planning purposes.

jms