nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 /64 links (was Re: ipv6 book recommendations?)

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:42:53 +0900

Karl Auer wrote:

: I've seen links with up to 15k devices where ARP represented
: a significant part of the link usage, but most weren't (yet) IPv6.

MLD noise around a router is as bad as ARP/ND noise.

Possibly true, but that's another discussion.

Then, you could have simply argued that there is no ARP
problem with IPv6, because ND, not ARP, were another
discussion.

That's how IPv6 along with SLAAC is totally broken.

I think we have different ideas of what constitutes "totally" broken.

It is because you avoid to face the reality of MLD.

                                                Masataka Ohta