nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 /64 links (was Re: ipv6 book recommendations?)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:24:12 -0700

On Jun 22, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Masataka Ohta wrote:

Owen DeLong wrote:

Even though it may be easy to make end systems and local
LANs v6 capable, rest, the center part, of the Internet
keep causing problems.

Those problems are getting solved more and more every day.

The rate of IPv6 deployment is rapidly accelerating at this point.

Remember that you wrote:

The center part of the internet is the easiest part of
modification for IPv6 and is probably somewhere near 99%
complete at this point.

What do you mean something 99% complete is rapidly accelerating?

Is it a theory for time traveling?

You redefined center.

My definition of center when I claimed 99% was the major backbones
and core routers. That is the CENTER of the internet.

Different definition of center (yours) where the center includes everything
except the edge-most hosts, different metrics for completion and challenges.

Owen