nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shim6, was: Re: filtering /48 is going to be necessary

From: Ryan Malayter <malayter () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:21:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 13, 2:18 pm, Owen DeLong <o... () delong com> wrote:
On Mar 13, 2012, at 6:03 AM, Masataka Ohta wrote:

Ryan Malayter wrote:

If the number of routes in DFZ is, say, 100, many routers and
hosts will be default free

For quite some time, a sub-$2000 PC running Linux/BSD has been able to
cope with DFZ table sizes and handle enough packets per second to
saturate two or more if the prevalent LAN interfaces of the day.

What if, you run windows?

Why would you want to run windows on a box you're trying to use as a
router? That's like trying to invade Fort Knox with a bag of plastic soldiers.

Check your quoting depth... you're attributing Masataka Ohta's
comments to me, he brought up running windows. I am the one who
brought put forward the notion of a sub-$2000 DFZ router.