nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

From: chris <tknchris () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:09:31 -0400

Haha true that. How else would.they.push their atm and.Ethernet products.

chris
On Mar 13, 2012 7:04 PM, "William Herrin" <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Justin M. Streiner
<streiner () cluebyfour org> wrote:
I realize this might be a bit of a fool's errand, but I'm trying to
determine if Verizon will speak BGP with FiOS business customers.  Their
website is relatively lean on details.  Everything that mentions BGP
points
to VZB services, which does not appear to include FiOS.  Looking at the
routing table, I do see several non-VZ ASNs downstream of AS19262, so it
looks like it might be possible.

If that is the case, could anyone lend any insight to get past the "what
is
BGP?" response that likely awaits from their salescritters?

No. If you want to do BGP with Verizon, you have to buy a T1 at 10
times the cost and 1/10th of the speed.

Though I'd love to discover I'm mistaken about that. :)

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004