nanog mailing list archives

Re: Wired access to SMS?

From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 22:22:46 +0000

Huh, you'd think they'd have mvno contracts just for this ...?
On Oct 9, 2012 6:19 PM, "William Herrin" <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson () esri com>
wrote:
On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 03:35:37PM -0400, William Herrin wrote:
Alternately, I can also consider a wireless carrier that can provide
two SIM-based phones with the same phone number for sending and
receiving SMS messages. I'd put the sims in a pair of modems and
manage deduplication of the received messages in software.

We use the MultiTech MultiModem iSMS SF-100G linked up to an AT&T
Wireless account.

It has a RESTful API and can handle both transmission and reception of
text messages.

Hi Ray,

Have you figured out how to get AT&T to give you two SIMs with the
same phone number? I'm using a different set of multitech modems now
but I need the same, I guess the terminology is "SMS long code," at
both sites.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004