nanog mailing list archives

RE: IRON vs. BGP (was Re: BGPttH. Neustar can do it, why can't we?)

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin () boeing com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:13:26 -0700

I realize that this is reaching way back, but you may want
to have a look at the latest version of IRON:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-templin-ironbis-12.txt

IRON manages the internal routing systems for large virtual
service provider networks. It deals with deaggregation and
churn due to mobility internally, and does not expose the
deaggregation and churn to the interdomain routing system.

IRON is therefore an intradomain routing overlay network
system, and can be used in conjunction with any interdomain
routing system - including BGP and LISP.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin () boeing com