nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv4 address length technical design

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 17:09:54 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc2 () dcrocker net>

My theory is that there is a meta-rule to make new address spaces have
4 times as many bits as the previous generation.

We have three data points to establish this for the Internet, and
that's the minimum needed to run a correlation: Arpanet, IPv4, IPv6...

So the address space for IPv8 will be...
</troll>

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com