nanog mailing list archives

Re: Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test

From: Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:07:48 -0700

On 04/02/2013 10:13 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 4/2/13 2:24 PM, Carlos Alcantar wrote:
You might want to consider putting up a speedtest server internal to your
network.  I know there is a fee but well worth it I believe.  You will
still need to take the results with a grain a salt but you will have the
best results as well.

The speedtest.net mini version is free. Same test methodology and brand
recognition for the customers to be satisfied. Paid version if you need
branding or whatever.

~Seth

These speedtests are pure unscientific bs and I'd love to see them called out on the carpet for it.

Mike-