nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon DSL moving to CGN

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:05:35 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rajiv Asati (rajiva)" <rajiva () cisco com>

Note that Vz FiOS users are not affected by this. And noting that Vz
has ~5.5M FiOS HSI customers and ~3M DSL customers (per the last
earning report), and noting that DSL network is not getting any new
investment (in fact, customers are being moved from DSL to FiOS), the
CGN usage for DSL customers isn't quite surprising.

http://stopthecap.com/2012/08/20/verizon-declares-copper-dead-quietly-moving-copper-customers-to-fios-network/

Well, that's as may be, but since Vzn has also declared *on the record, at
least 2 years ago* that they're done with FiOS -- they ain't building no
more of it, if you don't have it, sorry for your luck (except maybe in KC
and Austin) -- I don't know if that helps them any.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com