nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google incorrect IPv6 GeoIP

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:27:20 -0400

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Yang Yu <yang.yu.list () gmail com> wrote:

DNS is actually working correctly I think.
1) The outputs are from Dreamhost Ashburn, but I saw the same result
over IPv6 at Dreamhost LAX. Different DNS servers.

over ipv6 there might not be enough distinction between locations ...

2) ping and ping6 times are pretty much the same. I suppose they are
served by the same Google cluster/CDN.
3) No redirect over IPv4

ok, so today I'm not seeing a redirect happening... want to try again?
maybe things got worked out? or my testing tool is busted :)